The IRC Funding Call is now live!
IRC Flexible Fund Round 1 – Call Open
January 15, 2024
January 15, 2024
The IRC is now inviting proposals for projects in the area of research and innovation.
We are looking for projects that will provide robust and actionable insights and will help contribute to building a thriving research and innovation (R&I) system.
Areas of interest for this call include, but are not limited to:
- AI and related science. How can AI and related technologies support the research and innovation system?
- International Research and Innovation (R&I). Does international R&I achieve greater or different impacts on national R&I? Where are the areas of UK comparative advantage? How to determine ways to prioritise what, who and where, to fund?
- System sustainability and resilience. What is the financial sustainability of the R&I system? How can the R&I system be more resilient to external shocks? What are the trade-offs between government policy goals and UKRI investment areas? How to frame and prioritise investment decisions?
- Determining the constraints to UK economic growth. How can innovation contribute to alleviating this
Researchers are invited to submit proposals for small scale targeted projects, and larger scale pioneer projects.
Targeted projects can seek funding up to a maximum of £20,000 (100% fEC), of which 80% will be funded by the IRC. It is expected that up to 10 targeted projects will be supported in total. The maximum duration of any project is 6 months.
Pioneer projects apply for funding up to a maximum of £50,000 (100% fEC), of which 80% will be funded by the IRC. It is expected that up to 4 pioneer projects will be supported in total. The maximum duration of any project is 12 months.
- Call opens – 15 January 2024
- Call closes and deadline for applications – 27 February 2024
- Assessment Panel – March 2024
- Project start – April 2024
The Principal Investigator must be a member of the IRC Network. Click here to find out how to become an IRC member.
Full eligibility requirements are provided in the guidance document which is available via the download section of this page.
Successful applicants will receive a Grant Award Letter which includes the terms and conditions for this call set out in the IRC Disbursement Agreement. Applicants should make sure that these terms are acceptable to their organisation before applying for funding. The IRC will only make successful awards to those applicants that indicate their acceptance at the date of application of the template Disbursement Agreement. Additionally any applicant considers the template Disbursement Agreement to be binding & in circumstances where the applicant cannot agree to the terms of the Disbursement Agreement that no bid for a research award should be made.
A copy of these terms and conditions is available via the download section of this page.
The Deadline for applications is 27 February 2024.
Please submit a completed application form and short (2 page) CVs for applicants in pdf format to email@example.com, with subject title “IRC Open Call R1_NAME”.
For all enquiries about the call, please email firstname.lastname@example.org