The IRC Funding Call is now live!
IRC Network Member Terms & Conditions
October 2, 2023
Please read the terms and conditions below. By registering as an Innovation and Research Caucus (IRC) member, you accept these terms and conditions and agree to act in accordance with them. If you have any concerns about these terms and conditions, please contact via the contact page before completing your registration.
As stated at the point of application, applications for membership are assessed by IRC Co-Directors and, if successful, your membership will be confirmed by receipt of member emails that will confirm you as a current member.
IRC Members are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with the general principles of good research practices, having:
- Reliability in ensuring the quality of research, reflected in the design, the methodology, the analysis and the use of resources
- Honesty in developing, undertaking, reviewing, reporting and communicating research in a transparent, fair, full and unbiased way
- Respect for colleagues, research participants, society, ecosystems, cultural heritage and the environment
- Accountability for the research from idea to publication, for its management and organisation, for training, supervision and mentoring, and for its wider impacts
Members agree to treat all other IRC members, no matter their level of seniority, with respect and courtesy.
IRC Members do not have permission to use contact details obtained from the members’ directory to send unsolicited emails for the purpose of direct marketing.
Members may have access to unpublished data at IRC events. As a member you agree to respect the confidentiality of these data at all times. Information made available to members at IRC events should be treated as confidential and must not be disseminated unless already in the public domain.
In the event that you provide content for the website, such content will not be used for the transmission, uploading or posting of any computer viruses or any other harmful or deleterious files or programs.
All partners in any research collaboration formed through the IRC will ensure all partners in the collaboration are properly informed and consulted about all submissions for publication of research results.
Data protection and use of personal data
The personal data you supply to the IRC will be used to:
- Process your membership application
- Fulfil any membership benefits, e.g., to share IRC updates and newsletters
- Display limited details of IRC members (Name, Organisation, Country and Research interests) on the IRC website to the public.
- Share IRC member contact details (The above, but also including Email address, Phone number and other Address information) with colleagues at Innovate UK, ESRC and UKRI to facilitate engagement, knowledge exchange and subject matter expertise.
- Share IRC member contact details (as above) to other IRC members to facilitate engagement and research connections.
- For statistical and analytical purposes on behalf of the IRC
Updates to terms and conditions
We will post a notification of any changes to the terms and conditions of membership on the IRC website and notify you by email. You will have the option to terminate your membership if you do not agree with future changes to terms and conditions.